-->

Google Maps For ArcMap

5 Extension  to Open Google Maps in ArcMap

google3
I found this one on a GIS forum post.  They said you could display Google Maps in ArcMap with it.  So I downloaded the software and installed.  I was disappointed that there was no option for Google Maps!  After reading some comments on their page, they had to take it out because of Google licensing issues.  The interface does have other choices, some are interesting like a watercolor painted map.
I did discover if you download version 0.2.2, it does work but rather slowly and the satellite option does not work.  Why use an old crippled extension anyway?
google1
I tried this one and it worked … for about 8 minutes, then ArcMap froze and closed.  Thinking it was a fluke, I started ArcMap again and used the tool, but it did the same thing.  Too bad.  Maybe it will work differently for you?  Let me know if you try it.
google2
If you cannot read Vietnamese, here is the translation.
This one worked pretty well.  It downloads the tiles to a cache before they are displayed, however it is a little slow because of that.
google3
I also found the images a little blurry, maybe because it was using lower res images to speed up the cache?  Not sure.  I was using the California State Plane projection in ArcMap and everything lined up fine.  The interface also has a satellite and terrain map option.
google3b
TAG

عن الكاتب :

ليست هناك تعليقات

إرسال تعليق

الاسم

بريد إلكتروني *

رسالة *